Happy Top Ten Tuesday! This week’s post is really fun, so let’s get into it!
Books with Single-Word Titles
- Cursed: This is brand-spanking-new upcoming anthology of dark fairytales that I would love to get my hands on! I first saw this book on A Cat, A Book, and A Cup of Tea. Asha’s review is great, go check it out if you haven’t yet! I’m interested in getting into darker books/horror and I think an anthology is a good intro to this genre.
- Saga: So I guess this is technically Saga, Vol. 1 and thus not a one-word title but I need to put Saga on this list. I’ve fallen in love and the world needs to know.
- Roomies: This happens to be the latest Christina Lauren book I’ve read and it was, overall, a pretty fun read. The main character was entertaining and I liked a lot of the family aspects.
- Nocturnes: This is another collection of short stories full of dark and supernatural fun. I’ve read a few other John Connolly books (The Creeps and The Book of Lost Things) and enjoyed them so this one is definitely on my list!
- Coraline: I’ve read the book and seen the movie but I would like to try listening to the book. Something that seems to give you an entirely different experience.
- Vicious: This book (and V.E. Schwab in general) has been on my list for awhile. Not only does it have great ratings and reviews on Goodreads but the story sounds so interesting! This author has been recommended to me by many library coworkers and has quite a few books.
- Artemis: I listened to this book during a long road trip and loved it. I know a lot of people have listened to The Martian (a book I read rather than listened to) and I would definitely recommend giving Artemis a listen.
- Circe: Many of us know this is very popular on Goodreads, but it has also been recommended by a fellow librarian/avid book reader friend of mine. She’s the one that turned me onto Saga so I trust her judgement! This one is on my 2020 tbr.
- Mirage: I read this as an ARC in 2018 and am still eager to read book two. Goodreads says we can expect book two this year in August, so fingers crossed. This was a great read and I would definitely recommend it.
- Sadie: I’ve said many times that I love this book, because I really do. It also has a podcast counterpart so you can feel extra immersed in this book.
These books may have short titles but they still pack a punch. Some of the books on this list I’ve read, others are on my tbr. Have you read any of these? What are your thoughts?
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.