It’s already Tuesday again, how did that happen? Tuesdays have quickly become one of my favorite days of the week- not only is it my day off work but I have a lot of fun reading everyone else’s TTT posts and adding to my tbr!
This week is going to be a bit of a cheat week for me because I can’t find ten books for my chosen genre. I felt like I had to write this post about graphic novels despite not having ten series to mention because this genre has really become a lot of what I read these days. So please, comment with some recommendations and help me get to ten!
Great Graphic Series
- Saga: *cue nobody’s surprise* I know, I know, I maybe shouldn’t bring up Saga in almost every TTT post but I’m doing it anyway. I recently had a fangirl moment with a fellow Saga lover at a bookstore and am so happy to have finally gushed about it with someone.
- Lumberjanes: This was a recommendation from a former library coworker and I finally got to it a few months ago. I liked how zany, fun, magical, and entertaining this series was.
- Blackbird: I’ve talked about this one a few times here but I really loved the artwork and worldbuilding.
- Rat Queens: The violence! The gore! The friendship! I love it.
- Paper Girls: This series can be a bit confusing (for me at least) but has great artwork, a great sci-fi arc, and awesome friendships.
- Giant Days: I love the characters in this series like they are my own friends. This is a great look at college/uni life and every volume is great.
And that’s it! I’ve read some other graphic series and standalones but these are the six series I’ve really enjoyed. I’d love to get some recommendations, especially since I’m still a pretty new fan of this genre! As usual, link your post in the comments and I’ll be sure to check it out.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.