I’m very excited about this list! My biggest reading goal this year is working my way through my tbr, so finding ones I think will be 5 star reads will help me accomplish this goal.
5 Star Reads?
- The Silvered Serpents: This ARC is sitting on my NetGalley shelf just waiting to be read! I loved the first book and think book two can only get more intense.
- Shadow and Bone: I’m making it my mission to FINALLY read this book this year, and I just know it’s going to be 5 stars.
- Serpent & Dove: Between the cover, the summary, the title, and the GR response, I feel like this read is going to be a 5 star read.
- Circe: It was all over Goodreads, the summary sounds great, and I’ve heard really good things from some of my friends. I’m sure this will get a pretty high rating from me!
- The Nightingale: My mom read this book (hi, mom!) and loved it, my high school Spanish teacher read this and loved it, and Goodreads has read this and loved it. I’m a fan of historical fiction, especially during this time, and know this is going to be a great (though difficult) read.
- Ruthless Gods: I loved the first book and know that book two is going to be a wild ride. Plus, look at that cover! This is another ARC on my NetGalley shelf, so I’ll be reading it soon.
- The Female of the Species: This has been hanging out on my tbr for about a year now and I think it’ll get 5 stars from me. It definitely sounds like it’ll be a dark read but a very emotional one.
- My Real Name is Hanna: Another historical fiction that sounds very emotional and dark. What’s wrong with me?
- Chasing Lucky: Jenn Bennett hardly disappoints and the tropes don’t even sound terrible. In fact, they sound great. I love the premise and the author, so of course I hope this will be 5 stars.
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating: Christina Lauren can be hit or miss for me, so here’s hoping this one will be a big hit. The characters and plot both sound like they will be fun.
A lot of these books have been anticipated reads for awhile, so I’m hoping they are all 5 star reads and aren’t a letdown!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.