Can you believe January is already almost over? Where is the year going?? This TTT, as per my usual style, is being tweaked a bit. Maybe it’s the former library employee in me, but I check out books far more frequently than I buy them. And I typically buy books that I’ve already read through the library (books aren’t cheap- I have to make sure I like what I’m paying for, you know?!). So, this list is justly made up of both some of my recent purchases and my recent library checkouts.
Living that Book Dragon Life
Here’s a snippet of my horde of books
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home: I got this book in the clearance section of my local bookstore. I have seen the book around Goodreads for awhile now, and the thing that really interests me is the time period. The amazing reviews certainly don’t hurt either.
- Good Omens: Love the show, love Neil Gaiman, and love the new bookstore I found this at. Honestly no other explanation is needed.
- One of Us Is Next: I didn’t realize this book was published until I saw it at my bookstore, so of course I had to pick it up. While I haven’t read it yet (library due dates and NetGalley arcs first!) it’s definitely up there on my list.
- More Than This: I found this at my Friends of the Library bookstore and figured, “Why not?” I really liked the Patrick Ness books I’ve read and my dollar went toward a good cause.
- The Norfolk Mystery: I’ll admit, it was the cover that first intrigued me. This was another recent clearance section find and it made me think of the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley so I thought I’d give it a go!
I recently moved back to an area that has many used bookstores nearby which explains why I’m suddenly buying more books again! Prior to moving the closest bookstore (other than the Friends of the Library and Barnes and Noble) was about 40 miles away. Now it’s about 4, which is very dangerous.
- Hope and Other Punchlines: I’ve checked out the audiobook format of this book to get me through the slow winter drives to and from work. I saw this author at a book convention last year and thought the book sounded interesting; so far I like it, stay tuned for my review!
- Pumpkinheads: I was one of those suckers who was approved for this on NetGalley, read the first couple of chapters, then realized we only got an excerpt instead of the full book. I of course had to finish the book, so here we are!
- The Right Swipe: Honestly this is just another “ooh pretty cover” pick for me. I love books in the vein of The Unhoneymooners and The Hating Game and this seems like it might be a good one…fingers crossed!
- Saga: Guess who’s finally reading this after being told for the last few years by reader friends that she needs to read it?? Hint: it’s me. I’m really looking forward to starting this one.
- Saving Savannah: This is a recent NetGalley read that, by the time this post is published, will be released! Hopefully my review will come not long after this date, so keep an eye out for that if you like reading my rambling thoughts.
That’s it for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! It ended up being a much more even split between purchases and checkouts than I thought it would be. Please feel free to link to your TTT post in the comments, I’d love to check it out!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.