It’s already Tuesday again, how has everyone’s week been?! I’m starting to get back into the swing of reading after a busy end of 2019/start of 2020 so I am loving it.
This week’s challenge is a fun one and required a lot of brain power to come up with. This list is all about the bookish discoveries I made in 2019!
What’s This, What’s This?
(There’s book stuff everywhere!)
- Book Blogging Community: I feel like I made so many new discoveries about the book blogging community this last year. It goes beyond the statistics of likes and followers: this blog is being used to interact with so many people in such positive ways. I love the connection made through the comments and I love talking bookish with so many other readers!
- More Graphic Novels: I technically started reading graphic novels at the end of 2018, but 2019 brought so many great series that I actively looked for. My love for this genre certainly grew in 2019 and I anticipate it won’t stop any time soon.
- eBooks/Libby: Again, technically something I knew about prior to 2019, but 2019 brought me a new library system with SO MANY EBOOKS! Even though I knew about Libby before 2019, my previous library system didn’t have anything I searched for, so Libby wasn’t very functional for me. Now I can look up almost any book in my tbr and there it is, all for free!
- PopSugar Reading Challenge: My friend and I discovered this together in 2019. We had both heard about it but decided in 2019 to actually look into it and give it a shot. Now we’re both committed to completing the challenge in 2020!
- Adult Fiction: Okay obviously I knew about adult fiction before 2019, but who would’ve guessed I would enjoy it as much as I do now? I used to read the occasional adult fiction (mostly Neil Gaiman) but now I read a lot more and really enjoy it.
- The Hating Game and The Unhoneymooners: Am I being a little overdramatic by having these books on this list? No, not at all. Really though, these books have opened me up to new genres, authors, and plotlines. I branched out in my reading a lot in 2019, largely due to these books.
That’s all I can come up with, this is officially my first incomplete list! Maybe this is a sign that I need to work harder to discover more about the bookish world I love. Share your lists in the comments for some suggestions!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.