2020 is here, how crazy is that?! I’m so ready for a year of reading and blogging, how about you guys? I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a resolution but I’m definitely going to crack down on my tbr list this year. Of course I’ll always be adding more to the pile, including the ones from this list, but I really need to start checking some of these out.
Anticipated 2020 Releases
- One of Us is Next (Jan 7): Duh, of course this is one of my most anticipated reads for 2020. I loved the first book so much, and even though the author’s second book wasn’t my favorite, I’m excited to return to some of these characters!
- The Hand on the Wall (Jan 21): I mentioned this in a previous post, but I’ll say it again here: I really liked Truly Devious but I wasn’t crazy about The Vanishing Stair. Still, I need the conclusion to the trilogy and am hoping this final book will end with a bang.
- My Calamity Jane (June 2): I’m in love with these book, honestly. The first one had me busting up so much, I’m really excited for this!
- Ruthless Gods (Apr 7): I loved the first book so of course I’m excited about book two! I have an ARC of this one and thankfully don’t have to wait super long to read it.
- Hunting November (March 24): I can’t really explain why I loved Killing November so much but I did and I can’t wait for book two!
- All the Stars and Teeth (Feb 4): I was really into mermaid books in elementary school, dabbled with them a bit in middle school , and haven’t read one in many years. This one sounds pretty interesting and might be a fun way to go back to my old reading preferences. Also, check out that cover!
- Time of Our Lives (Apr 21): I don’t think this duo or Emily Wibberley have ever published something I haven’t enjoyed. True, I’ve just read two of their books, but I really liked them and I have a feeling I’ll really like this one too.
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn (May 12): Part of my interest in this book is the summary but a lot of it is that stunning cover. I’m loving all the snakes on covers in the last year, let’s keep this going! (Check out this post by EpicReads, The Selection kills me lol.)
- By the Book (May 12): This has good reviews on GR, looks cute, and sounds cute. What more could I want going into a book?
- Chasing Lucky (May 5): Honestly all I needed to see was “Jenn Bennett” and it made it on my tbr.
I kept it YA for this list to keep things simple, and there are definitely more than 10 anticipated reads on my list! What are your most anticipated reads for the beginning of 2020? Share your posts and I’ll be sure to check them out 😻
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.