It’s the last Top Ten Tuesday of 2019! I’ve only been doing this for a few weeks but how crazy is that??
This TTT is difficult. Choosing favorites of anything is so hard for me, partially due to the obvious “I like a lot of these, where do I begin?” and partially because it puts pressure on that thing to be extra amazing. There are a lot of books I read this year that I really liked but it’s going to be hard to choose favorites. I’ll take the small victory that this TTT isn’t “favorite books of all time” and I just have to choose from 2019!
2019: A Rundown
Of course, not in any order. I couldn’t.
- The Unhoneymooners: I owe this book my newfound love of romance. I’ve read plenty of YA romance/contemporary but I’m loving Christina Lauren, Sally Thorne, and all the other adult fiction authors I’ve tried this year.
- The Hating Game: Of course this needs to be on here. Despite my disappointment with her second book, Sally Thorne’s The Hating Game drew me in and still hasn’t let me go.
- The Gates: The second of John Connolly’s books that I read this year (and ever), The Gates was a perfect read for Halloween. The writing style and I are a match made in heaven and it was a solid start to a fun series.
- Anna and the French Kiss: Because I finally got my butt into gear and picked up this classic YA romance. I’m ashamed it took me this long but, hey, at least I finally read it. And loved it. And will probably reread it soon. Hehe
- P.S. I Like You: Yes, predictable and not the deepest of books, but a seriously fun and cute YA. I’ve read a lot of Kasie West’s books in the last year and I think this one has to be my favorite.
- Killing November: Honestly, what more could a girl want beyond mystery, murder, and mayhem? I suppose some romance and backstabbing, but this book also has that. Basically I loved this book and really want the second to come out.
- 10 Blind Dates: I devoured this book, and I’m not even exaggerating a bit here. I fell head over heels for the writing, the family dynamics, and the story. 11/10 would recommend this.
- There’s Something About Sweetie: Do I need to explain this one? I mean really. Really.
- The Martian: The snark, the attitude, the being stranded on Mars, the everything. I loved this book and was so happy it was my first buddy read!
- Wicked Saints: Probably the hottest take on this list since almost all my GR friends gave it no more than 3 stars. I, however loved the magic, the characters, the betrayal, the atmosphere, and the world. I liked the slower buildup because it made me feel more connected to the plot and the characters, and I think that wasn’t for everyone.
So, there we have it! Some of my favorite reads of 2019! It’s hard to believe the year is already (almost) over. It was filled with so many great books and I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings.
Please share your TTT posts with me, I’d love to see what everyone else has read this year and add to my 2020 tbr!
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.